Carroll County Memorial Hospital honors the outstanding performance of a team member.
Read More »
Date: March 6, 2015 RE: American Diabetes Association Alert Day Carrollton, Missouri - Americans are urged to take the Diabetes Risk Test on American Diabetes Association Alert Day® and to share it with everyone they care about to find out if they are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
Read More »
Intensive outpatient psychiatry (IOP) programs are an intermediate step in the continuum of care between the need for acute inpatient care and individual outpatient care. IOP programs are a cost-effective alternative to traditional inpatient care and are less restrictive which allows a more holistic approach to treatment of the senior adult suffering from mental health problems. The IOP program provides an environment where both the physical and emotional needs of the senior adult can be managed by a multidisciplinary team of professionals. The goals of the IOP program are:
1. To provide diagnosis and treatment of individuals in the least restrictive environment.
2. To provide services prescribed by a physician and provided under an individualized written plan of treatment.
3. To restore individuals to their highest level of mental, physical, and emotional functioning possible.
4. To eliminate the need for inpatient treatment by providing a less restrictive, less emotionally traumatic, less costly alternative.
5. To assist in identifying and developing family support and/or community resources to assist the individual in retaining independent living for as long as possible, or to help the individual and/or family in finding appropriate placement.
Anyone can make a referral to the IOP program. Once the referral has been made, a trained, licensed and/or certified staff member will make the initial contact with the patient and family to schedule a pre-screening assessment. After the pre-screening assessment is completed, the attending psychiatrist reviews all of the information. The attending psychiatrist is the only individual who can order an admission to the program if the patient meets all admission criteria. Once the patient is admitted to the program, the psychiatrist completes a full psychiatric evaluation within 24 hours. In addition to the psychiatric evaluation, the multidisciplinary team will complete a full battery of assessments and diagnostic tests. The long-term and short-term treatment goals described in the treatment plan are the basis for evaluating the patient’s response to treatment. The average length of stay in the IOP program is 30 treatment days.
For more information or questions about the Intensive Outpatient Psychiatry offered in partnership with Senior Life Solutions please call 660-542-1695 ext. 274