Carroll County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary Volunteers
Supporting the mission
Founded in 1960, the Auxiliary of Carroll County Memorial Hospital is committed to supporting the mission of Carroll County Memorial Hospital to improve the health of the community by assuring excellent medical care to our citizens.
How we make a difference
Auxiliary members work hard to serve Carroll County Memorial Hospital. We greet and assist patients upon entering our doors, hold fundraisers to be able to give back to the hospital, sponsor blood drives and assist with various hospital projects and events, among many other activities.
As the first face visitors see upon entering our hospital, CCMH volunteers manage our two welcome desks and escort patients and guests throughout the hospital. They answer questions and create a warm and welcoming environment to ensure guests have a positive experience during their time at CCMH. Volunteers provide support to patients, visitors and staff, and contribute to the mission of the hospital and the CCMH Auxiliary. It is preferred that volunteers have the ability to push wheelchairs, assist staff with projects and be willing to learn simple computer tasks.
How we work with the community
The Auxiliary increases community awareness of hospital services through volunteering at CCMH events and communications with friends, neighbors and colleagues. We aim to be the voice of the communities served by Carroll County Memorial Hospital and always welcome new ideas for involvement.
The Auxiliary's contributions have provided CCMH with:
- Clocks and TV sets for patients' rooms
- Copy machine and scales for Outpatient Department
- Furniture for various spaces in the hospital
- Magazine racks for Medical Plaza
- Water fountain for the walking track in the CCMH Wellness Center
- Bone Densitometry Machine
- Sensory items for pediatric patients in Rehabilitation Department
- Eye glass cases and pillows for surgery patients and visitors
- Blankets for chemo patients
- Activity bags for pediatric patients
- Fans for Acute Care unit
- Scales and oximeters for Population Care Coordinator
- Sudoku, Word Search Books and colored pencils for Acute Cate patients
- Pediatric clothing and items for Emergency Department
- Sensory aprons and pocket prayer quilts for swing bed patients
Meet our Auxiliary